Thursday, December 15, 2011

Back In Canada

We finally arrived back at our home for a brief five nights. My plans to dive full-on into the festive season with decorating, creating, relaxing, and spending time with my husbands family were overcome with the sounds of hacking, sniffling, and the constant hum of the humidifier as the scents of vaporub and strepsils floated on the air. After a whole lot of traveling and time zone hopping, our bodies finally threw on the red light and illness hit all of us like a hammer.

One more flight for 2011 has brought us to Western Canada where we will spend the Christmas season with my family. It has all happened so quickly, in a flurry of flying, visiting, packing, & unpacking, that I can't believe there are only 10 days to go. All efforts have been put towards getting healthy. Hopefully it happens soon so our Christmas spirit's can come to life, and this state of constant exhaustion I seem to be in may lift. A baby who has spent the last 2 nights nursing every hour and a half is fully wearing me down and thoughts of formula bottles and full nights of sleep have begun filling my head.

It feels strange posting blogs from our trip now that we're back on Canadian soil, but I have so many, both in my head and down on paper, that I was never able to publish due to lack of time and internet availability. For my own records I can't bear to fully abandon them so bear with me as I continue to throw down entries from our last several weeks of travel. Of course, in order to avoid neglecting my favourite time of year, I may have to delay these posts a little bit longer, and bring them back to life in the new year through Travel Tuesday...

For now, I'm just going to go with the flow and find my routine of daily blogging once again.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello and welcome back ~ although I'm reading this late.
    Yes, take your time.... hold onto every moment you can, relax completely and then jump into blogging ;)
    I can't wait to hear more about you travels ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random travel posts will be great! It'll also keep the spirit of travel alive in you! :D

    ReplyDelete