Monday, May 17, 2010

A Work In Progress...

I ambitiously decided (3 months ago) my first crochet project should be a blanket. It isn't a difficult task, but it is a lengthy one which can be taxing as a beginner. I figured that it would take long enough that I would have the opportunity to make MANY mistakes and feel confident enough to tackle anything once I had finally finished. I really wanted to make something that I would use regularly, and see all the time. An afghan I can cozy up with on the couch seemed like the perfect project. I originally planned to make a granny square blanket, but the colours of yarn I had chosen were begging to be stripes.



This project is a commitment for sure. It will likely still be in the works a year from now. Every now and then when the mood strikes me, or the moment finds me I pick it up and work in another couple of stitches. I love holding it away from myself a little and checking out my progress. There is nothing more satisfying than creating something useful. 75 rows to go!


(*This is the pattern I am using. I have chosen only 5 colours, with a total of 95 rows. )

No comments:

Post a Comment