Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to the Machine

It feels SO good to get back to sewing after nearly 4 months away from it. I had the pleasure of taking my mom's new sewing machine for a spin. It has a lot of nice little features that mine does not.

I love these little reversible pants - Anna Maria Horner's pattern for the "Quick Change Trousers" from her book Handmade Beginnings.


The pattern goes up to 24 months so for the larger pair, Levi's pair, I enlarged the pattern, extending the length by 2 inches, and adding (by eye) as much to the entire pattern as it seems to increase with each size. They turned out a good size, and they should fit for quite some time, especially with all the room available in length.


The materials I used for these 2 pair are from Anna Maria's Folksy Flannels collection.

This third pair I gifted to my cousin's wee one a couple of weeks ago. They were made from a vintage Star Wars bed sheet I have had in my stash for quite some time.




I love a project that let's me combine several different fabrics, as these do.

3 comments:

  1. Those. Are. Awesome! Great use of random fabric too. And the Star Wars... no need tell you that those will be treasured too. I'll maybe give some a go in the near future? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!
    I need a big little push in the direction of my sewing machine - I have a few things waiting their turn.... maybe this year will be a year to 'just do it'.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh- My guy would DIE for those Star Wars pants...it was very much a Star Wars Christmas. I am so glad to see you back at the machine...always an inspiration for me to get started again! (btw- love the new look!)

    ReplyDelete