Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tip of the day

I just need to share something super domestic with you...

The inside base of my stainless steel pot had a layer of cooked on food from the pot of soup I had made, and I could not get it off after scrubbing and scrubbing. I looked it up (yay internet) and found a little tip.
I patted the inside of the pot dry, poured lemon juice, just enough to cover the bottom of the pot, and left it to sit for 20 minutes or so. When I came back to check if it worked, all the food had lifted and was sort of floating in a solid layer, AND my pot looked brand spankin' new! Easiest clean-up ever!! Just wish I had looked that up before attempting to scrub for so long...

Anywhoozers, there's my awesome domestic tip for the day :)

2 comments:

  1. Great tip I never knew that. I wonder if you could do that just to make a pot look new inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying it on all my other pots because they are starting to look pretty used and spotty, so we'll see how it goes, but I don't see why not! :)

    ReplyDelete