Friday, February 11, 2011

Sock Knitting



I forgot to fill you in on my final 2 sock knitting classes.

Following the first class we were meant to work our way down the leg for a total of 6-7 inches, in time for the turning of the heel the next week. Needless to say I didn't quite get there. I arrived happily and quite proudly with my little ankle sock (it wasn't quite that short but I had only made it about halfway).
The other funny bit was that when I walked in thinking things were pretty great I glanced around at each person's sock and realized that mine looked nothing like theirs, and theirs all looked pretty much the same. They all must have messed up eh? ;)



Everyone was very lovely and told me how great it looked, but I just wasn't feeling it. I was coveting a nice tall ribbed sock like I was seeing around that room. I continued with the turning of the heel which went well, and was actually quite exciting to watch take shape.



Fingers crossed I can do it again because, needless to say, here is where I am with my socks now...



It's for the best because I have no idea where my mistake was, so to copy my error for the second sock would have been a little tough. My time with sock knitting is not yet over!

No comments:

Post a Comment